FOR THE CRUST
- 6 vegan graham cracker sheets
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Salted European Style Plant Milk Butter, melted
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SWIRL
- 1.5 cups strawberries (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 24 oz (3 packages) Classic Plain Plant Milk Cream Cheese
- 1 cup well-shaken and stirred coconut milk
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons agar powder
MAKE THE CRUST
1. Pulse graham crackers and coconut in a food processor until fine crumbs form, about 12 pulses. Add melted butter; pulse to combine, about 6 pulses.
2. Line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, firmly pressing mixture into bottom and about 1/2 inch up sides of pan. Set aside.
MAKE THE STRAWBERRY SWIRL
3. Cook strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small pot over medium, stirring often, until strawberries release liquid and sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to strawberry mixture; cook over medium, stirring constantly, until thick and glossy, about 40 seconds. Remove from heat, and set aside.
MAKE THE FILLING
5. In clean food processor, combine cream cheese, coconut milk, sugar, and lemon zest in food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
6. Whisk together 1/2 cup water and agar in a small pot with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high. Uncover and boil, stirring constantly, until agar is dissolved, mixture is thickened, and a thermometer inserted in mixture registers 208°F, about 1 minute.
7. Working quickly, pour hot agar mixture into cream cheese mixture in food processor; process until combined, about 1 minute. Immediately pour mixture over crust in springform pan. Add 1/4-cup dollops of warm strawberry swirl over filling; swirl together using the tip of a knife or toothpick.
8. Refrigerate until firm, at least 5 hours or up to 12 hours. Run an offset spatula around edge of springform pan; release sides of pan, and remove cheesecake.