- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 block Salted European Style Plant Milk Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ice cold water
MAKE & SHAPE DOUGH
1. Put the flour in a bowl, and combine with sugar and salt.
2. Cut the butter into 1-inch chunks, and using a pastry cutter, cut it into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal. A few pea-size chunks of butter are fine— they'll make the crust flakier!
3. Drizzle in the olive oil and mix with a rubber spatula to combine.
4. Finally, drizzle in the ice water, making sure to add only enough for the mixture to come together in a ball and stick together. It does not need to be smooth and it should not be wet. Be careful not to overhandle.
5. Form two balls, flatten slightly, and then wrap in wax paper or parchment and chill for a half hour or longer.
FORM THE CRUST
6. When ready to roll out, roll out between two sheets of parchment. Peel the top sheet, place an inverted pie pan on it, then flip.
7. Press into the pan, then peel off the other sheet of parchment. Repeat with the other ball.
8. Fill and bake as desired.