FOR THE CAPRESE SALAD
- 2 wheels of Miyoko's Classic Plant Milk Mozzarella
- 3-4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh basil (about 15-20 leaves)
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
PREP THE INGREDIENTS
- 1. Cut the mozzarella wheels vertically into 1/4 inch thick round slices. Tip: Cutting the mozzarella straight out of the fridge will yield best results.
- 2. Cut the tomatoes vertically into 1/4 inch thick round slices.
plate the salad
- 3. Arrange mozzarella and tomatoes on a large, shallow platter in an alternating pattern.
- 4. Scatter the basil on top of the mozzarella and tomatoes.
SEASON AND SERVE
- 5. Sprinkle the salad with a loving pinch of flaky salt and several grinds of black pepper, to taste.
- 6. Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic glaze over the mozzarella and tomatoes. Serve immediately and enjoy!